Taken from Aliceson @ Feet Off the Table.
Thanks for the fodder. Remember when we used to tag everyone? I think that trend has died a bit. Thank goodness, though I don't mind when I can steal from someone else to do this. Maybe I like that better, don't tag me, just feel free to steal and let me know if you did use it.
1. What's your favorite book? Still has to be the Little House series. Have loved it ever since I first picked them up and am now loving it every time I read it with Willa. And loved it that Andrew took it upon himself to read every single one. See, they are my kids.
2. How do you get over writer's block? I need to get over it. I am going to try the NaNoWriMo with a silly little idea I have. I need discipline and less fear about writing crap stuff. It doesn't have to be perfect the first time, because it never is. I also need to get out of my creative funk. Like not having sewn anything in nearly two years. Oh, and when I mean sewing, I mean something that I cobble together with 2-6 different patterns, plus parts that I make up and put together and get it to look good. Or what I think looks good.
3. What's your favorite Holiday? why? Still has to be Christmas. The magic that happens around then, for when I was a kid and recreating that for my kids, it is just amazing. It is also amazing how we can create the family and friend togetherness magic during then, too.
4. What's one place you would love to visit? Darn, just one? Okay, next on my list is the Netherlands for my husband and kids. I just want to see how he feels when he's in a country of his ancestors and how he may find he fits in well. I loved the British Isles for that reason and I think he should get an opportunity to experience that. (also on my list are Australia, India, Ireland and a grand tour of interior Europe, plus a revisit to Hawaii, and somewhere near the Rockies. Got a long list, need to get working on it.)
5. Do you have any pets? Two children and a husband are enough, thank you very much.
6. What's your favorite thing to bake? As insane as they make me because of the long convoluted process and extremely large batches, I still really like my springerle cookies.
7. Do you like sunsets or sunrises? Sunsets. If I had my druthers, I would not get up until 10 am and stay up past midnight. I do not care to ever see any sunrises and if I do, I just feel depressed because I would rather be in bed.
8. What's your favorite movie? Like one I would go back to and watch over and over again? Maybe the original Star Wars trilogy. The second batch is fine, but I still adore the characters in the originals. Every three months, Spike TV obliges with a marathon weekend of them. We just love to have it on in the background. I can quote way too much Star Wars.