Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hopeful Inspiring Education Salmon

NPR asked listeners to describe Obama's State of the Union speech in three words.  Then they made word clouds out of these 4,000 responses.

What I found most interesting, when they divided the word clouds into self described independents, Republicans and Democrats, the top words that came up bigger than the rest were HOPEFUL, INSPIRING, and EDUCATION.  Nothing else was as big as these on all three word clouds.

(Well, except SALMON, which, apparently was a funny reference to how salmon are regulated and one of the funniest parts of the night.)

To me, that says people are all touched by the same thing, and that if we come together on anything, we should start with education.  Let's roll our sleeves up, put our money where our mouth is and get to work.

Unfortunately for me, I forgot about the speech, as I was watching Eloise at the Plaza with my children and we had a good time.

2 comments:

tulpen said...

Nor did I watch the Address. I got drunk and had sex.

;)

Wild Child said...

Hee, hee, sounds like a good use of your time.