Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Random Tuesday: We're lacking in the Random

randomtuesday

How random can you be when you start the new year and back to school and back to the grind?  Not so random.

I started the new year off with a spinning class.  Not the spinning wheel kind of spinning:

(Though with my background, you can be forgiven for thinking so)

The bike training kind of spinning:


We did "hills" which means you increase the tension and "climb" for five minutes with your butt off the seat (which I couldn't make the five minutes, ugh) and "jumps" which means you get your butt off the seat and pedal for about a minute, then sit on the seat and pedal for a minute.  It got me sweating and breathing heavy.

And when I say I started off the new year, I got up at 8:00 am and headed to the 8:30 class on January 1st.

You can call me an overachiever.

That same weekend I took all the random physical photographs I had laying around and stuffed them into an album.  Not much call for albums when all the photos are on your computer and pop up as your screen saver.  But enough for the stuff lying around.

We still have a tree up and a puzzle to put together.  Do NOT buy a puzzle that has foil on the pieces.  Hard to see and figure out in any type of light.

(Hey, we didn't get that nice included poster!)

Everyone seems happy with their gifts, Santa and otherwise.  Except maybe me.  I was hoping for an iPod Touch, but I don't think Santa had it in the budget this year.

Mr. Wild bought me this hat.  I'm not sure if it's me or not.  I'll keep you posted.

Check out more random with the UnMom.

4 comments:

alexia said...

Good for you on the spin class! I need to get back to exercising - running is my thing.

Aliceson said...

Overachiever for sure! I think I was still a tad intoxicated at 8:30 Saturday morning. Ugh...

Barb said...

Hi. Stopping by via Keely. I used to go to spinning. That was when my youngest was a baby and I needed the free 2 hours of babysitting just to keep my sanity. Then we moved and I never bothered to find another one.
We've got our tree up too. I don't feel guilty about it until after the 6th. Which is coming up fast!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting to spin on New Year's Day! I have been wanting to try it for a while. I miss biking outside. Can't wait for spring to get here!