- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup (4 floz) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups (12 floz) milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon OR pumpkin spice
- optional-pinch of salt
- Mix egg yolks, oil, pumpkin and milk in bowl. Set aside.
- Sieve flour,sugar, baking powder and cinnamon/pumpkin spice (salt if using it) into a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff.
- Turn waffle iron onto medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture. Stir until big lumps are dissolved, little ones are fine.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Pour into preheated waffle iron and cook.
- Serve with syrup, jelly/jam, or like my kids eat them on their own.
Extra waffles can be frozen and defrosted in microwave and then toasted a little. They still taste pretty good this way.
The recipe makes about 8 waffles and they probable are about 250Calories each, in case you wanted to know.
But they do taste bloody brilliant.