Thursday, January 15, 2009

My favorite gum

Hey, I'm nothing if not random.

So, I'm getting a piece of gum after lunch. My favorite and nearly the only kind I will chew. Dentyne Fire. Hard for me is that it is difficult to find and buy. I can still find all sorts of variations on Dentyne Ice, but the cinnamon Fire is very hard to come by. Usually, I only find it in convenience stores at gas stations. I worry that I won't find it at all one day. Then, gasp! I will have to choose a new favorite gum.

Oh, I like speariment and peppermint just fine. Fruit flavor is ok and I could do without bubblegum flavor. Cinnamon is my favorite, but it has to be done just right. I'm not particularly enamoured with Trident or Big Red or Eclipse. Orbit's Cinnamint is nasty. Stride Sweet Cinnamon is too sweet. I haven't tried 5 Flare yet, because I have been disappointed many times before. I end up with a whole pack that I really don't like.

So, I guess I'm sending out a plea. If you like cinnamon gum, try to find and buy more Dentyne Fire, so the company thinks loads of people love it and I can keep getting it. Thanks.

1 comment:

Aliceson said...

I feel the same way about Altoid Smalls mints. They are like regular Altoids, but smaller (duh) and sugar free. They used to sell them at our Target, but I think I cleaned them out and they never bothered to re-order. I now can only find them at Walgreens.

Have you tried Walgreens for your gum? That store always seems to have hard to find items.