Thursday, January 29, 2009

Something, but I don't know what

I am running dry lately. I am all into this frugal thing and have about five tips ready in the pipeline, but I don't want to overwhelm or bore folks with frugal tips.

I have had great ideas on the go. I'm in the car and think, "Oh, that would be good to blog about." Then I get to work and promptly forget what I was going to talk about. I swear to you, I've had about three or four really good ideas lately, for short, cute, sassy blogs.

But, nothing. I get home and help with dinner, eat dinner, play with the kids a bit (Pixie Hollow on-line was last night's session and we all, including Mr. Wild, were working on getting around the fairy land) and then focus on getting the kids to bed either with jammies or bath and jammies. Then I'm web surfing (damn Facebook, time eater), reading (Hondo, ancient Egypt, and other blogs, but no Jane), and watching waaaayyyy too much TV.

I keep telling myself I need to stop following some shows. I think I've finally dumped Grey's Anatomy. They "jumped the shark" when they made Isabella see and "sleep" with her dead fiancee. Actually, I think they "jumped the shark" when they killed the main character and brought her back. Ridiculous.

Anyway, so I feel I've been frittering my creativity on things not related to blogginess. I read all these other blogs, and wonder where my blog savvy has gone. As if I had any to begin with.

You know what, send me some topics. Please, please give me something creative to tackle. We can treat this like "Cawfee Tawlk."

Here's something to get you started:

"The peanut is neither a pea nor a nut. Discuss."

"The New Deal was neither new nor was it a deal. Discuss."1




1
Coffee Talk. (2009, January 18). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 01:09, January 30, 2009, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Coffee_Talk&oldid=264807268

4 comments:

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures said...

I carry a notebook around with me sometimes just so if something pops into my head i can write it down, cause i'm luck if i can remember my kid's names half the time! : )

Aliceson said...

I always use the "a peanut is neither a a pea or a nut", too funny!

How about a great bargain or most embarassing moment? What homework have your kids brought home that has stumped you? Maybe a project you've been working on?

Christine Gram said...

Sounds like you need to sign up for Feb. NaBloPoMo with me!!!! Please? I'll even share my notebook of ideas with you on the theme "Suck It." Honest to goodness pinky swear I will. I think I've finally found my muse with this one because I've been jotting down ideas for only two days and already filled up two pages. More than enough to share! AND it would be cool to see the different posts that grow out of the same seed phrase. AND you can use the NaBloPoMo badge I made...

Too needy?

Wild Child said...

Christine, I really did think about NaBloPoMo, especially because I wanted a badge to put on my blog, because I have no badges and jealously wish I did, but the thought of forcing myself to post every day freaked me out with a full time job and full time family. I have today and tomorrow to think about it, yes? Your "Suck it" theme does intrigue me.

And Aliceson, those are all very nice topics to help a poor blogger out. The homework one especially. Don't you miss Coffee Talk? That was so hilarious.

And Sarah, I do need a small notebook to put ideas down. I was washing dishes last night and had blog conversations in my head, and dreamed about blog conversations last night and nothing, blank slate today. Urg.