Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm not sure I get Twitter

I have a couple of friends who Twitter, but I don't know how, who or what.

I see and hear comments about Twittering on Good Morning America, but I have no clue how one would do that.

I see other blogs that have Twitter updates. How does this differ from Facebook updates? Is it useful on a blog?

So, I just don't get what the deal is. But I feel like maybe I should know. Someone get me a link to a basic explanation.

I figured out how to contribute to Wikipedia, wander around on Facebook, maintain a silly ol' blog, and know how to receive text on my cell (I don't text from my cell, cause I'm cheap like that). Somehow, perhaps I'm missing something with the Twitter.

Or perhaps it's another evil time sucking thing that really has no value whatsoever.

If someone has a clue, let me know.

And yes, I'll admit, 40 is not that far away and I am not hip.

2 comments:

Aliceson said...

From what I can tell, Twitter is like a blog but only one phrase at a time. Similar to the "what are you doing now" question on Facebook. Guaranteed time suck! that's why I don't twitter or text. Plus I don't have the coordination to text or tweet from my cell phone. :)

2 Brits, 2 Yanks, 2 Dogs said...

I don't twitter - I am having a hard enough time keeping up with my blog lately. 40 is not that far away for me either - in fact a month.