Friday, January 15, 2010

Embarrassing

My in-town friends who read this blog are going to razz me good.  Probably my out-of-town friends and relatives too, but I just have to get it out.

So, in one of the local grocery stores, there's a kid.  And, yes, he's a kid, I am positive he's in high school, I am almost sure of this.  To me he bears a resemblence to Robert Pattinson.  You know, the Twilight vampire Edward?  The kid has a similar square jaw and bushy eyebrows.

I feel so weird around him, the clerk, almost like I'm seeing a celebrity.  Which is even weirder, because I don't particularly think I'm crushing on Robert Pattinson.  I don't particular care for Edward in the books, and I don't think I have that much interest in him on-screen.  Yes, I will admit, he's a good looking young man.  YOUNG, I keep telling myself.

So is the grocery clerk.  He's young.  So why do I feel all silly and girly?  I find myself forcing myself to act like a normal mom, in her thirties, but trying to avoid too much eye contact, though, really, I would just like to stare for a bit, but I don't want to weird him out.  I also wonder if the girls at the high school are all falling over him because of his looks.  I hope so, because he is good looking!

For heaven's sake, I'm ALMOST FORTY.  Somebody make my hormones act their age!




PS-if any of you tell my husband, you will totally feel the wrath of Wild Child, because I cannot bear having him make fun of my stupid young man crush!

4 comments:

Aliceson said...

I wanna shop at YOUR grocery store!

I say go for it, even flirt if you want. A little crush never hurt anyone, as long as you don't run away with him.

Wild Child said...

Do I surreptiously take a pic with my camera phone and post it? HA HA

Aliceson said...

Um, yeah! That kind of hotness should be shared!

Wild Child said...

Then he truly will think I'm a weird old lady.