Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thursday Goodness

I have been wanting to say this all week.

We're coming up on summer now.  Mr. Wild, still in his new job, me in mine and we're back to, oh, no, we're two working parents, what do we do with the kids?

Fortunately, a great friend of mine was thinking about taking on watching kids during the summer.  Her kids and our kids are almost like cousins.  Breathe sigh of relief.

But that's not the real story.  The real story is that when we went out for ice cream on Sunday and met up at the park, my dear boy Andrew somehow got his knee stuck in some of the metal equipment.  Mr. Wild was not seeing how to get him released.  He was ready to call 911.  My friend, very calmly, coolly and collectedly told Andrew to take his shoe off, then she picked him up and held him and coached him how to turn his leg until he was free.  No 911, no tears, no fuss, no muss.  If I hadn't already had her watching my kids, that was a perfect moment to show how perfect she was for the job.  I don't think I properly thanked her.

Thank you so much!  I can't even express how it made me feel.

She knows who she is.

In addition, I found out that Water for Elephants is becoming a movie.  Funny thing to me is that the lead actor appears to look an awful lot like that vampire kid.  Oh wait, that's cause he is.




Hunh, I thought he would be tall and lanky.  Is Robert Pattinson tall and lanky?  I really don't remember.

Anyone else have something for Thursday Goodness?  Leave a comment.

1 comment:

tulpen said...

Ohhh. Mr. Pattinson = tall. lanky. awkward. hawtness.

LOVED the book and hope he can pull it off.