Thursday, August 19, 2010

I really should be asleep, but for that stupid Coke at 4 pm...

Mind on overdrive, not sure why.  I am tired, but I don't want to sleep.


So, it's a good thing I'm listening to recent top 40 hits or I wouldn't have known what my son was singing when he went, "P-p-p-p-p-p-pokerface, pokerface" out of the blue.  He doesn't listen to the radio at home or in the car, so I said, "Where did you hear that?"  It seems their PE teacher fancies himself a sometimes DJ and was playing it during gym.  It is a little strange to hear it coming out of your ten year old boy.

Mr. Wild had a good comment about 9/11.  "It was men that were the terrorists, not a religion."  They were rehashing Obama's comments on the radio and a person argued that if it had been Christian extremists we would not be that up in arms about them building a church near the towers' site.

If you were to get a tattoo, where would you put it?  I'm taking a survey.  Or maybe you already have one in a favorite spot?

I keep wanting to get up early and go to the gym.  Doesn't help that I am staying wide awake at night.

I need to find a book title for book club and I'm fresh out of ideas.  I should probably go to the library and just browse the shelves.  I had checked out the next book for September for our group, THE HELP, but it came due, I hadn't started reading it and I couldn't renew it.  Appears to be a hot read.  So I hope it is good.  We just finished DROWNING RUTH, but I totally spaced the meeting night, which was okay, because I hadn't read the whole book yet.  It was a fascinating story, but I had to read the end early on and I think it ruined the suspense for the rest of the book.  Also, in the 1910s and 20s, I don't think one could take a car from Milwaukee to Chicago there and back in one night.  There were no interstates, no street lights in the rural areas, and probably rutted roads in the countryside.  That was a bit unbelievable in the book.  I hate traveling 40 minutes to get to a restaurant, so to believe the characters tooled all around south eastern Wisconsin was just not working for me historically.

Maybe I'm tired now.  Thanks.

1 comment:

tulpen said...

I have 5 tattoos. The least painful is the back. The worst is around the ankle. I want full sleeves someday.