Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Color, Color Everywhere

The idea that your favorite color can determined your personality is maybe not so strange. After all, your personality would affect what colors appeal to you. Well, now a company called CareerBuilder.com will actually analyze your preferences and tell you about your personality and therefore which jobs are best for you.

So I did the free trial. It is kind of like those Starsign questionnaires that I used to do as a teenager to determine who was my perfect match. A Leo born into the Monkey year or a Sagittarian Dragon? Possibly the color career choices are more likely to be useful. So here is a bit of what the program determined about me.

Apparently I am a Creator. (A nice positive introduction.) My key words are:

Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional

Does this sound like me? I think anyone who reads this blog would nod affirmative. My secondary key words are:

Independent, Self-Motivated, Reserved, Introspective, Analytical, and Curious

Again pretty spot on. Well, maybe there is something in all this, but I wonder, Wild, did you get a similar response? How many descriptive words would I think support some aspect of my personality? Still it was entertaining.

1 comment:

Wild Child said...

This is what I got:
Best Option: You're a CREATOR
Key Words: Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional

2nd Best Option: You're an ORGANIZER
Key Words: Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate

Strangely, I can be an artist or author or marketing person, but also an accountant and someone who likes things to line up and work.

Mr. Wild will not believe ORGANIZER. You should see my office.